Last year, the Laco Augsburg Taupe and Aachen Taupe sparked enthusiasm in the world of Pilot watches. With their subtle color scheme, the two fliegers offered a refreshingly contemporary, and surprisingly elegant look for a classic pilot watch. The 42 mm limited edition pilot in B-Uhr Type A sold out before Christmas in 2019.
Laco is now launching two additional models in a limited edition in their entry-level Pilot watch series. The new models now come in a smaller 39 mm diameter. The appearance of the new Augsburg Taupe and Aachen Taupe is as impressive as their predecessors, and more appealing to watch enthusiasts with preference for mid-size watches.
With this new size, Laco is following the trend of smaller cases and responds to the request of many enthusiasts who explicitly wished a smaller case. From August 2020, 200 pieces of each of the two models will be available.
- Pilot watch with stainless steel case, brushed finish
- 39 mm, flat sapphire crystal, water resistant up to 5 ATM, case back with sapphire crystal
- Engraved serial number on the case back
- Automatic movement Miyota 821A, second hand stop, 21 jewels
- Taupe color with sunray pattern, Arabic numerals and indexes with SuperLuminova C1 lume
- All hands black matte with luminous compound, SuperLuminova C1 (Blue line)
- Calf leather strap color taupe with light stitching, revits, stainless steel buckle
- Weight: approx. 80 g
- Black gift box incl. cardboard box
- Resale: 390€ / 460$
- Available: August 2020
I hope to have my hands on this watch by the end of summer to write a review comparing the 42 mm with the 39 mm model.