Watchuseek met with Hanhart CEO, Felix Wallner, who showed us the prototype of PRIMUS Black Ops Pilot, a limited edition watch with 82 editions to honor the foundation of the company in 1882.
The combination of black DLC coated stainless steel case and bronze green dial is very striking. Mr. Wallner stated that it represents the colors of the Black Forest, where Hanhart is based. From a pragmatic viewpoint, DLC coating is more resistant to scratches, hence making for a nice tool watch. Anodized aluminum red chronograph reset pusher and inlaid red marking on the fluted bezel are trademark of Hanhart chronographs. The bi-compax chronograph subdials are well laid out and easy to see with a generous coat of Superluminova. The skeletonized hands can be lead to interesting discussions on the forum, but these are made with a purpose- to enhance the legibility of the dial – in this case the chronograph markers are always visible through the hands.
PRIMUS Black Ops Pilot is powered by a modified Valjoux 7750 movement. There anti-reflective sapphire glass on both the case front and back. I really liked the flexible lugs of the watch which adapt to your wrist rather than your wrist adapting to the lugs. The green fabric strap comes with a folding clasp with inlaid red marking made from black DLC-coated stainless steel.
- Small seconds at 9
- 30-minute counter at 3
- Date display at 6
- Black DLC (diamond-like carbon)-coated stainless steel with anodised aluminium red button
- Fluted bezel with inlaid red marking
- Convex, internally anti-reflective sapphire glass
- Screwed-down, internally anti-reflective sapphire glass case back
- Screw down crown, flexible lugs, diameter 44 mm, height 15 mm
- Water-resistant to 10 ATM
- Bronze green with Super-LumiNova coated luminous numerals, index marks and hands
- Ease of use. The screw-in feature prevents unintentional adjustment. Pilots used to operate the crown with their gloves.
- Automatic chronograph movement HAN3809 (bicompax)
- 28,800 vibrations per hour, 4 Hz, 28 jewels
- Rotor with a skeletonised Hanhart logo
- Power reserve of 42 hours
Visit Hanhart for more information and to pre-order the watch.
Photo Credit: Hanhart
This content is republished from Watchuseek.com